Saturday 23 February 2019

New year....Same Armies

I'm back! It's been a while since I last posted and, considering it's now nearly the end of February, much too late for any new years resolutions....isn't it?

Concious of the fact I didn't get anywhere near achieving any of my goals from last year, mainly because I kept getting distracted by my Dark Eldar, Harlequins and Necromunda gang, I've decided to set the bar even lower this year.

With this in mind my main aim for 2019 is to complete the 2000 point Wood Elf battlehost the was my main resolution last year. For those keeping up you might remember I'd painted around 1300points in the end, so surely even I can paint up 700pts in 12 months...you'd think so anyway.

That said I've changed my list yet again! After some more games with my army I'm getting to a point where my Elves are putting up a good fight whilst remaining true to the spirit of my old Wood Elf army, although they certainly wouldn't stand up in a tournament setting! I'm sure things will no doubt change again when I play some more games (2 more games lined up over the next 3 weeks), but I'll try to stay true to this list (try...):


Allegiance: Order
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Archmage on Dragon 
- Magestaff & Book of Hoeth
Avatar of the Hunt 
- General
- Trait: Legendary Fighter
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike 
Glade Lord on Great Eagle 
- Spirit Blade

Battleline
20 x Glade Guard 
10 x Dryads 
5 x Reavers 

Units
10 x Wardancers 
5 x Hunting Hounds 
3 x Warhawk Riders
20 x Eternal Guard 
3 x Kurnoth Hunters 
- Greatbows

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 136

I'm thinking I'll update this post as I complete units, maybe even adding their pictures below each unit heading as I complete them if I'm feeling organised!? Then by the end of the year I should have a post that shows off the army in all its glory! 

Probably getting ahead of myself but it's nice to dream. Anyway, let me know what you think of the list. Am I mad, foolish or a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment