Monday 16 December 2019

New Beginnings...sort of

So following on my last post I've decided to put the Wood Elves to one side for the time being. This year has most certainly been a year where I've played alot more 40k than AoS anyway, and the state of my poor Dark Eldar army has galvanized me into revisiting them.

Also handy was the release of not one, but two new army boxed sets for the Truekin, Blood of the Phoenix for Psychic Awakening and the Poisonblade Christmas boxed set, both of which I now own (purchases funded through the selling off of my Word Bearers).

In any case both boxes have arrived and I've been busting myself in assembling the mountains of new grey plastic like a madman


 First up is the Master of Blades himself, Drazhar. This model is such a great sculpt, and whilst not as iconic as the original more than makes up for it in sheer dynamism and board presence! Additionally his new rules and soon to come points drop are most welcome.

 Where would the Fallen Phoenix be without a squad of deadly fallen aspect warriors. Again, having these in plastic is great news and meant I finally made the jump to replace my original metal Incubi.

 The first of two new venoms, taking  me to four in total. I've got a vague idea of this being a "command" venom for my Archon and possibly some Sslyth to scoot around the board in. Of course if GW ever decide to up the transport capacity to 6 (please!) then perhaps it'll become a ride for Draz and Co.

 The second of the two new venoms. This is a little more inconspicuous and will probably be transporting a kabalite warrior squad.

The first of two Scourge Squads. I know current internet wisdom suggests haywire blasters, but I can't help thinking of the sheer destructive potential of 4 blasters deepstriking in! 

In any case as you can probably tell this list is going to be heavily kabal based for the moment. Rest assured though I've already got some Haemonculus Coven units in the wings I want to show off. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment