Wednesday 6 May 2020

Mortal Realms Progress 5 - Checking in

As the title says, just checking in. The arrival of my second daughter has put a brake on the progress I was making as most of the free time I have is being spent with the first born to make sure she doesn't feel left out. Between that and the sleep deprivation it does make you wonder how anyone in our hobby gets stuff done with very young children on the scene.

Still, wouldn't change it for the world. Well maybe id like more sleep...

On the hobby side of things despite everything progress is being made on the Castigators from my last post. With the mobile set up I've got for them (I'll explore this in a future post), I've been taking any opportunity to break out the brushes, even if it's only for 10 minutes. Whilst progress has been glacial as a result, it does mean I'm inching closer to completion of my second Stormcast unit. 

Of course during this time and in spite of the global pandemic we're currently in the middle of Hachette are still getting deliveries of their mortal realms magazine out. 

Luckily for me the Stormcast element is relatively low in the latest delivery, consisting of 1 Knight Questor. For anyone wondering, this isn't the case with the Nighthaunt, and my mate in this mortal realms endeavor is currently drowning in ghosts and terrain!

With the latest delivery the tally is as follows:

Mortal Realms - Stormcast Tally of Completion!

6 x Sequitors - COMPLETED
5 x Castigators - ASSEMBLED & UNDERCOATED & 50% PAINTED
1 x Gryphound - ASSEMBLED & UNDERCOATED
1 x Knight Incantor - ASSEMBLED & UNDERCOATED
1 x Celestar Ballista - ASSEMBLED & UNDERCOATED
1 x Knight Questor - ON SPRUE

So I'm still behind but not by as much as you'd think or I'd thought I'd be at this point. I've also updated the numbers of Castigators and Sequitors as I got more in the delivery before last. 

Hopefully by next delivery in 4 weeks I'll have finished the 8 Castigators and be into the characters, which I'm really looking forward to doing!

Anyway, that's it for now, there's a funny smell which I think means someone needs changing again....sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment