Sunday 7 February 2021

Mortal Realms Progress 9 - Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger

So it's been a while since I posted anything but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy!

I recently have completed the next addition to the Astral Templars a Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger!

Introducing the leader of my Sacrosanct chamber Lord Arcanum Phoram the Ascendant. 

I've been painting this guy on and off since about the start of December, as and when time allowed, but it's still taken me alot longer to finish than I thought.

I'll go out on a limb and say this was the hardest model I've ever had to paint, mainly because of all the different textures. You've got feathers, animal hide, leather, armour and claws all on the one model! 

Still I'm very chuffed with how it's turned out and think he makes quite the centrepiece to the army so far. I'll have to do a full shot of them all once I get to the 1000pt mark. 5 Evocators on foot are being lined up for painting as we speak, so fingers crossed I can get them done quicker than their Lord and get over that first 1k for the Astral Templars.

As to whether I'll get a game in with them this year, well that depends on whether we'll be allowed outside again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment