Tuesday 13 February 2018

The Eternal Struggle

Rich here, so despite my plans to paint Night Goblins this month as part of the Malign Portents muster I find myself drawn back to my Wood Elves (well mixed order Wanderers if we’re getting technical). I can't help but feel like this is something to do with playing through the season of Revelations campaign on Warhammer total war recently...
For the most part I’ve finished the actual forest dragon, I just need to get an appropriately sized base as well as thinking up an appropriately wood-elfy name. Meanwhile the Glade Lord that will serve as dragon rider is still enjoying a leisurely bath in some white spirit. This is something I'll have to get round to sooner or later but the fact the legs don't quite fit on the saddle of the dragon mean I'm putting it off...

So this brings us to today's update and continuing with the wood elven theme I'm painting up some eternal guard. 



These were yet another eBay purchase and rather "conveniently" all 18 came without any shields. Im unsure yet if I'm going to purchase the shields separately; I always liked the lore behind the old eternal guard where they were supposed to be that skilled with their spears they counted as having shields. Sadly thats not the case anymore so it leaves a tough decision....
In any case here are some pictures of the Eternal Guard painting progress:





Once again my photos are taken using a smart phone in poor light. I'll try to take some better photos when i finish them. Being honest that's also the reason I've not posted any pictures of the forest dragon. Anyway, all comments and criticism welcome. Let me know whether you think they should have shields or not as well, it's a tough choice for me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment