Sunday 25 February 2018

The Eternal Struggle....over?

I would imagine that most of us like to sit down of an evening and paint solidly for a few hours with perhaps our favorite audio book on, a podcast or TV show. I'd like to do this as well but unfortunately my 7month old little girl doesn't yet understand why. As such I find that my painting time is restricted to a half hour here and there as my little girl naps/before work when she's still snoozing.
Painting in this manner means you learn to break a task up into many small steps, choosing to paint one colour on everything then moving onto the next colour or calling it a day as time permits. Doing things this way takes time though, which is why it's taken about 4 weeks to get my Eternal Guard painted to what I think will do as a tabletop standard

Gotta say I'm very pleased with how they've turned out. One of the disadvantages of painting piecemeal in the way I've described above is that you don't see the big picture and it can feel like you making not progress at all. The irony of painting "eternal" guard as a result wasn't lost on me don't worry!


Here's another close up of my intrepid band of wanderers, I've stayed pretty close to the standard colour scheme to keep thing simple and so that they fit in with my Glade guard (finished last year).


There's probably still more work to be done to really finish them. Off the top of my head I could do with looking at some of the hair colours again, maybe highlight up the gemstones and have another go at painting the wood of the spears. All said and done though I need a break from them at the moment which is why I'm moving back to this guy!

That's right the Glade Lord has finished his back and been suitably scrubbed clean of the old paint job. I'm hoping to get this guy painted in the next week in time for his debut in a game I've got planned for next Friday evening. Here's hoping I can convince the little one of the importance of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment